Friday 16 March 2012

Being Okay With Eating More

Both yesterday and today turned into social days for me. I went out for lunch yesterday and also today. It's been difficult. I have found that I could not stick to my calorie counting or my calorie limit for either day. I decided that I was going to eat what I wanted and enjoy it both days rather than fret about not being able to find something I could eat on the menu or the fact that I am not able to account for my calories 100% due to not knowing weights and nutritional content etc.

This has been rather challenging for me. I know that 2 days in my journey is not going to be the ruin of me. After all, 1 of those days would normally be my day off. However, it's hard to not feel paranoid about such matters when one has been raised in a society where eating very little is linked with being thin and losing weight and eating more and luxuriousr restaurant foods is seen as leading to being bigger/fat.

Yet again I feel as if I am going through a processing stage. I have changed my exercise this week, eaten somewhat differently and had to deal with eating with other people (as my eating out before this has been mainly with my family). I am definitely learning something from putting myself in these situations.



No comments:

Post a Comment